*Immediate Seasonal Need*
Donations Reception Volunteer
As we enter our busiest time of year, we are looking for volunteers to help staff our donations desk. In this role volunteers will help our agency by receiving and sorting our much needed donations. In addition, our volunteers will help ensure the day center clothing room is well stocked, allowing our clients facing the elements access to essential clothing items.
Call our Volunteer Coordinator at 503.280.4741 or email: email@example.com to help fill in right away.
On-Going Volunteer Roles
Computer Resource Center
Support Transition Projects residents as they use the Resource Center to work toward employment, housing, or educational goals. Supervise the center, teach basic computer skills and assist the residents as needed. Requires a two hour a week commitment.
Assist Our Housing Program
Our housing team helps find a home for over 700 individuals a year. This job requires a lot of work, which is why we can always use assistance from the community.
- Administrative Volunteer – Assist the housing team with management of case files, mailings, and other administrative duties.
- Subsidized Housing Assistant – Help guide our clients through the subsidized housing application process. The housing team will help train individuals to lead workshops which will ensure our clients accurately fill out subsidized housing applications, increasing their chances of obtaining housing. Attention to detail and great interpersonal skills are a must.
- Housing Search Assistant – Help maintain a list of available rentals and build relationships with property managers. This is a crucial role in helping our case managers have access to the most options in the rental market.
- Agency Liaison – If you are a wiz at information gathering, this is the role for you. Agency liaison volunteers will scour the internet for information on services and events that would be beneficial to our clients.
Our housing team is always looking for dedicated, detail oriented and passionate volunteers to help play a pivotal role in housing and well-being of our clients.
Computer Skills Classes
Today, more than ever, computer skills are necessary in both housing and employment searches. Volunteers can help teach our clients these crucial skills in our various computer labs.
If you are comfortable teaching skills to small groups with individuals who may have barriers to learning, this role is a great match.
The health and over well-being of our clients is an important piece in finding and maintaining housing. Volunteers can play a part in through a few roles.
- Open Art Studio Facilitator – Allow our clients access to the great art studio at the Bud Clark Commons.
- Cooking Instructor – If you have a great knowledge of cooking and can teach these skills to a group of 6-10, we can use your help! Suggested recipes should be budget friendly and easy to make.
- Nutrition/Health Based Classes – If you have a background in healthcare, we have opportunities to teach classes revolving around teaching healthy habits, such as diabetes awareness and smoking cessation.
- Empowerment Group Facilitator – Assist our clients using art based projects to help them set life goals, reduce stress, and participate in pro-social activities.
Licensed Barbers and Hair Stylists
We are always recruiting licensed hair stylists and barbers to volunteer in our well-equipped day center salon, or dropping in at one of our residential facilities. A haircut can be a powerful catalyst for our clients, in developing a more positive self-image. We have availability every day of the week and can easily work with your schedule.
Each season brings different needs. In the winter, we need assistance with our Coat and Blanket Drive; in the spring, we need assistance with our Hygiene Drive. Contact the Volunteer Coordinator to determine our current seasonal volunteer needs.
Create your Own Activity
Many people have ideas, talents, or skills they want to share: knitting, yoga, chess, etc. What's yours? Come in and share it with the men and women living in one of our residential programs.
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator via e-mail or by calling 503.280.4741 to get involved in these volunteer opportunities.