Our goal is to make this site a helpful resource for you - while respecting your time and your privacy. As a general policy, no personally identifiable information, such as a visitor's name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, or credit card information is automatically collected on our website. Transition Projects may collect personally identifiable information such as name, address, e-mail address or telephone number to create your unique user account. When you create an account you can gain access to:
- Free e-newsletters
- Priority status when you contact us via the web
- Information regarding your account and other pertinent information.
- Access to regular updates
Transition Projects does not sell or rent e-mail addresses to any other service or organization. Certain e-mail addresses may be published in both print and electronic Transition Projects publications including the Transition Projects website. Transition Projects may generate e-mail for the following types of communication:
- Notification e-mail to which the individual may subscribe and unsubscribe.
- Transactional e-mail, which is the result of an online transaction initiated with Transition Projects
- Relationship e-mail, which is sent as an informational service because of a relationship with Transition Projects
- Correspondence from Transition Projects board members or staff.
- E-mail that has a provision for opt-out will include instructions on how to do so. All inquiries regarding subscription-based e-mails should be directed to Transition Projects-eNewsletter Subscription Dept. (see Transition Projects Contact Information below).
Transition Projects is committed to ensuring the security of your information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. When submitting sensitive data like credit card information, we use 128-bit secure server technology to protect the information. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts the information you input before you send it to us. All of the data is protected against unauthorized access, as indicated by the secure icon on your browser.
Transition Projects collects IP addresses for system administration and internal tracking and analysis. When you visit our site, our servers log the IP addresses only. However, through the services provided by SmarterStats, we do receive information on the companies and industries visiting our site based on the IP addresses that are logged.
Transition Projects values your opinions and comments; we may, therefore, conduct online surveys. Participation in these surveys would be optional. The information would be aggregated and used to make improvements to Transition Projects and to develop useful content, features and promotions for Web site visitors. The identity of survey participants would be anonymous unless otherwise stated in the survey.
Minors or Children (individuals below the age of 18) require parental approval prior to submitting any information to our site. While Transition Projects encourages people of all ages to learn about how they can help end homelessness, and permits some youth volunteer activities with adult supervision, as defined in our volunteer policies, we do not knowingly solicit online any information about minors or market online to minors.
Access to Password Protected/Secure Areas
Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Web site is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized individuals attempting to access these areas of the Web site may be subject to prosecution.
How can you update your personal Information?
You can make changes to personal information in several ways:
- Contact Transition projects (see contact information below).
- Through your Transition Projects Web Account at www.tprojects.org/content.cfm/Login
You can contact Transition Projects in several ways:
By postal service:
665 NW Hoyt Street
Portland, OR 97209
Transition Projects Privacy Statement is subject to change at any time and was last modified on September 26, 2011. Transition Projects will occasionally update our privacy statement and will post those updates here. You are responsible for revisiting this page to review the current privacy statement.