We believe that everyone deserves the right to live well, be well, and Rent Well.
Rent Well, a program of Transition Projects, is a 15-hour tenant education program taught by certified instructors in Oregon and Washington. The course is typically taught in 3 to 6 weeks and covers key information and skills for becoming a responsible, successful, and stable tenant.
During this class, participants learn:
- To identify potential screening barriers
- Understand how and why a landlord will screen them
- Review important personal records; such as credit, civil, and criminal reports
- Create an individualized plan for stable housing
- Build a household budget that makes paying rent a priority
- Review rental agreements to understand common terms and expectations
- Understand the landlord’s perspective
- Communicate effectively with neighbors and landlords
- Move-in and move-out of rental units in a professional manner
- Understand the eviction process and how to avoid it
- How to maintain a clean, safe, and healthy home
For questions about operations or Rent Well Program please send us an email or
call Caitlyn Kennedy Young, our program administrator, at 503.515.1328.